The makers of the Roomba are stepping up the military and police abilities of their product line. Until recently iRobot's PackBot robot was used for bomb disabling and search missions in dangerous places. A new partnership between iRobot and Taser International promises to add the shocking new capacity for the PackBot to shock the hell out of 'bad' people. Currently the PackBot/Taser/Bad Guy System requires a 'good guy' who will control the tasing trigger of the robot; ie. there is a human involved in the trigger system decision. Currently iRobot makes about 40% of it's revenue from military and industrial applications. The other 60% of their revenue comes from household robots such as the Roomba.
There are other companies who will be competing with iRobot for the military and police market. One of these companies is Foster Miller, who make the TALON robot system. Generally the TALON is a reconnaissance and bomb disposal unit, but it can be purchased in its SWORDS configuration. The SWORDS robots can be configured with M240 or M249 machine guns or Barrett .50 caliber rifles for armed reconnaissance missions.